But let’s start from the beginning…
Building web servers and server applications
Web and mobile applications
- jQuery or ReactJS are frameworks that improve design efficiency for developers. These frameworks also enable developers to reuse and update code components without impacting each other in terms of function or value.
Dynamic web pages
More on the topic: click here
- Understand user experience
- Pay attention to design principles
- Have the ability to translate prototypes into functional interfaces
- Have a very good knowledge of Node.js
- Have expertise in API development
- Own the capability to link data to the frontend
- Be able to combine his skills from both areas (API’s, databases, landing, web & mobile)
- Have a deep understanding of database architecture (MEAN & MERN)
- Have a broad understanding of design requirements
We will start with the
- Acquaintance with intricate data structures and algorithms
- Competence in designing and executing intricate software architecture
- Aptitude for producing efficient, scalable, and maintainable code
- Mastery of web development tools and workflows, including CI/CD
- Robust problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose intricate problems
but also be sure to pay attention to the
- Self organizational skills as well as management skills if needed
- Reliability in order to meet deadlines and deliverables
And if you plan to hire remotely:
Remote developers need to be able to clearly and effectively communicate their ideas, questions, and concerns to colleagues, clients, and managers through written and verbal communication channels.
Time management skills
Long distance work can be unpredictable and presents challenges such as technical difficulties or lack of face-to-face interaction.
Even though remote work is often individual-focused, developers must be able to work collaboratively with other team members.
Working remotely requires self-discipline and motivation. Developers need to be able to motivate themselves and stay focused on tasks to ensure they are meeting deadlines and producing quality work.
Conflict resolution skills
Be sure to prevent misunderstandings and conflicts. Embedded team members should be able to handle conflicts and disagreements professionally and be willing to listen to feedback from others. They’re part of your team, let’s treat them like that.
Also settle on the right choice of project management for you.
Look for experience
Conduct technical interviews and code reviews or request work samples to assess the developer’s skills and problem-solving abilities.
Don’t just rely on academic credentials
While a degree in computer science or similar can be helpful, it’s not always an accurate indicator of a developer’s skills or ability to work in a team.
Don’t neglect soft skills
Like we mentioned before, technical skills are important, but soft skills like teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills are just as critical to a successful hire.
Don’t rush the process
Take your time to find the right person for your team. A rushed hiring process can lead to a bad hire that will cost you more time and resources in the long run. If you do not find the best fit right away, you can always work together with a professional partner company, which has access to a pool of talented developers.
More on the topic of the different skill levels of developers can be found here.
If you need help with finding the best fit for your tech team, you can reach out to codecombinator at any time. We as a professional partner in the field of tech talent placement have a worldwide network of developer hubs and are therefore flexible able to provide you with your preferred developer in a short time.